Poached turbot fillets
Poached turbot recipe from Fish In A Box.
(can be Brill or Plaice)
Ingredients 4 × 300g Turbot
500 ml fish stock
200 ml double cream
75g capers -drained and squeezed
30g chopped parsley
2 Shallots finely Sliced
1. Heat the fish stock and shallots in a pan and gently poach the fish
2. Remove fish from the pan and keep warm.
3. Reduce the fish stock by half, add the finely chopped capers, gherkins and anchovies to the stock with the cream.
4. Reduce stock by a further third until it looks the thickness of double cream.
5. Serve with mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables.